Progressive Insurance rates have been considered affordable because they are not incredibly costly. It’s best for teen drivers who take their cars out every day and possibly get DUIs. Its prices help it become a viable option for teens, and it might be worth your while if you or your teen decides to get a quote from Progressive Insurance.
In this article, we will discuss Progressive Insurance—what it is and how it can help make our lives better and safer by partnering up with it. So, let’s look into it and its prices a little deeper to help you decide whether to trust Progressive Insurance or not.
What is Progressive Insurance?
Progressive Insurance is one of many insurance firms in the vast country of America. It was created by Joseph M. Lewis and Jack Green with the motto, “Think easier, Think Progressive.” Its headquarters are located in Mayfield Village, Ohio.
Progressive Insurance kick-started its career in the year 1937 when unemployment rates started dropping 6.7 percent from the previous ranking. These days, it’s a store that quenches all kinds of insurance needs. It is the third-most influential automobile distributor in the US, just a few steps behind State Farm & Geico.
With a market share of 13.7%, Progressive Insurance signed up with premium automobile insurance with a budget of more than 35 billion USD. It started putting its focus on high-risk drivers, slowly becoming the suitable choice for a lot of people who have accidents with their cars or have driving violations on their records.
What is the price of Progressive Insurance?
Progressive Insurance Prices: Car Insurance
The national average for a teenage girl would be $4,962, while Progressive Insurance rates would be $7,754. Similarly, the average rate for teen boys would be $5,661, but Progressive Insurance’s is $8,505.
The rates for young adults (around 25 years of age), men and women, are $1,919 and $1,877, respectively. The rates are lower than those of the AAA federation.
Progressive Insurance for male adults (about 35 years old), the rates are $1487 for women and $1417 for men. These are slightly higher than Geico Insurance’s average, making it the third-lowest.
For senior adults, Progressive Insurance rates are comparatively higher than AAA by more than $400. It is $1,240 for senior women and $1,265 for senior men.
After an accident, Progressive Insurance rates are $2,470, and a DUI is $1,982, which is lower than the national average rate.
The minimum coverage amount provided by Progressive Insurance is just 1% higher than the national average. With $1,440, you can purchase excellent protection for your car and pay for accidents without exceeding the policy limit. At the same time, Progressive Insurance’s high coverage rates carry 2% higher costs than the average at $1,650.
Progressive Insurance Prices: Home Insurance
Home Insurance provided by Progressive gives people financial support to cover any loss incurred on their personal or home property due to a specific event. The event can be a natural disaster, like hurricanes or wildfires, vandalism, or robbery of the property.
Home insurance rates differ from place to place as well as from home to home. It’ll cost more if you’re living on the coast because it will be much riskier than living in an area with a nearby fire department.
Similarly, if you use concrete blocks as a building material, it’ll cost less because there are fewer chances of it catching fire. In contrast, home insurance on a wooden floored home will be more expensive due to its susceptibility to catching fire.
There is a 12-month policy from the Progressive Insurance company with which people can purchase home insurance for themselves. The average low-cost home will be rated up to about $926, while medium-cost homes can be rated at $1,213. Meanwhile, high-cost homes by an average of $1,677 per year.
Progressive Insurance Discounts
If you’re looking for further discounts to help you save money when purchasing a home or car insurance, fortunately, Progressive Insurance provides a large variety of discounts. A large portion of the customers has responded to be very satisfied with the discounts offers, including:
Car Insurance Discounts:
Pay in Full
Home Insurance Discounts:
Bundle Home & Auto
Quote in Advance
Receive documents by mail
Pay in Full
Safety & Alarms Discount
New home construction
How to Login to Progressive Insurance
- Step 1: Click on the ‘Log-in‘ link in the top right corner to log in.
- Step 2: You will be redirected, and then you can fill in your user ID and password.
- Step 3: If you have trouble remembering passwords or user IDs, you can click on the “need help logging in” text.
- Step 4: After completely filling up the details, you can click on the ‘Login’ button. Finally, you’ll be able to access your account and use it.
Progressive Insurance: Customer Care and Support
People can claim insurance, fraud or theft, and even roadside assistance in the case of accidents through emails or the website. Progressive delivers efficiently to the point that every customer has been studied to be satisfied with customer service. Progressive Insurance has a count of 5 stars from over 1,841 ratings, according to Consumer Affairs.
Mail Address: 6300 Wilson Mills Rd., Mayfield Village, OH 44143
Phone Number: 1-888-671-4405
The pros and cons of progressive insurance
Progressive Insurance has received mixed reports from customers. So, let’s look at the pros and cons of purchasing a policy provided by Progressive Insurance.
- Many options when it comes to discounts – Progressive offers many discounts for their customers (13 for car insurance & 8 for home insurance), which can be very beneficial for customers.
- Customer Service available 24/7 – The company provides customer service available all day, every day, helping people regardless of what time it is.
- Higher customer service satisfaction – Consumer satisfaction comes first when it comes to Progressive Insurance, and they help their customers the best they can.
- Prices are higher than average rates – Online discounts may provide lower costs, but the policy remains a costly product.
- Policies may be more expensive than others – Policy prices depend on where in the country you live. So, Progressive is an expensive but excellent insurance option compared to others.
- Higher than average customer complaints – Progressive Insurance has received over 4,000 customer complaints over the last three years, far more than most insurance options get.